Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trials, Trials, Trials, Blessings, Blessings, Blessings

Well it has been along time since I have posted. A lot has happened in our lives in the past 2 weeks so I thought I would share. I know Heavenly Father is watching out for us but at the same time he has thrown some hurdles in our way. Last Friday Kiersten had an ATV accident and was life flighted to primary children's hospital. She has 2 broken wrists, a broken elbow, stitches in her nose and a bruised lung. She is doing well at home now and in the end it turned out to not be as serious and we thought. Unfortunately she has cast on both arms so I have to help her do everything. It is going to be a long 2 months but we are so so thankful that she was not hurt worse. The gas throttle got stuck on the 4-wheeler and she was going over 30 miles per hour when she hit a hill and jumped across a road about 10 feet and down a hill. She was wearing a helmet so she escaped with no permanent damage. With 2 broken arms she managed to get up and walk half way down our long driveway before she laid down. I am so thankful that Heavenly father was watching out for her that day. I do not know what I would do with out her. It has truly been a great blessing in our lives to still have her with us. She is such a sweet girl. On the way to the hospital she said "Mom, am I a good person" I said, "of course you are." She then said, "am I going to die." She really thought she was going to die and was worried that she wasn't good enough. She definatly is good enough. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel and I have no doubt that she would go to the celestial kingdom. We love her so much and are so thankful for her.





Our next trial happened a week and a day before Kiersten's accident. I was 33 weeks pregnant and had some really bad pain. I thought they were contractions so I waited about 40 minutes and realized I should go to the hospital. I didn't think it was serious so I told Ben to wait to come. He was about 1/2 hr away in Vernal. As soon as I got to the hospital I was really dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. They took me back and put me on the monitors but they were having trouble finding a heart beat. For some reason I wasn't worried yet because I had felt him move that morning. They tried and tried to find one but couldn't. They called ultra sound and they came. Ben still wasn't there yet but was on his way. JoAnn my sister in law was with me. Which I am so thankful for. Unfortunately they found out that I had a placenta abruption and the baby was dead. Basically the placenta tore away from the uterus. They said that as soon as I felt the pain the baby was dead within 4 minutes so there was no way I could have saved him. I am not sure why this had to happen but it was very hard. Unfortunately I still had to go through delivery. It was really hard but I made it though thanks to Ben's blessing and some family members there with me. After the delivery it was scary because they couldn't get me to stop bleeding. They were on the verge of life flighting me to Salt Lake. At one point I passed out and stopped breathing. Ben said it was the scariest thing in his whole life. I am so glad Heavenly Father was watching out for me. We named our baby son Kade Howard Allred. He was Born June 4th 2009 at 1:58 PM and weighed 5 lbs 1 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. He was so cute and precious. I definatly wish he was here with us. It was wonderful to get to hold him for a while. I am so thankful for the gospel and the knowledge that he is up in heaven. It gives me peace that he got his body and now he has moved on and will go to the celestial kingdom. I look forward to the day when we will have a great reunion up in heaven. It has truly brought me peace to know all of that. I am so thankful to all of the family and friends that have helped us out through these trying weeks. I don't know what we would have done with out you. Unfortunately with the blood loss I had, the eye doctor thinks I had a mini stroke in one eye and I have been having trouble seeing good. Hopefully it will improve but the doctor says at this point he can't do anything. I know it is a blessing that I am still alive so I will have to deal with the eye problem one day at a time. Well that is it in a nut shell. I am sorry it is such a long post. I just wanted to share our experience with you. I love you all and appreciate all of your prayers and help in our behalf. We really do feel we have been blessed and I know Heavenly Father will help us get through all of this.

Our family at the grave site



Our family at the mortuary

Baby Kade in his little casket





Kade in the hospital

Our sweet angel!



11 comments:

Monica Polad said...

He is such a beautiful little boy! We love you so much and know you will be together forever!

jlbunting.com said...

This is Becky, my dad is Kevin, your dad's cousin in Idaho. I found Ricann's blog a while ago and then a bunch more Hawks' blogs.
Wow, Autumn, you are so strong. I'm glad your daughter is doing better after her accident. And you had a beautiful little son. What a blessing for you and quite a testimony building experience. I am due with my first little baby (a boy) next week and your story really touched me. I hope you are doing well and I'm so glad you are part of the Anderson family and have been taught the gospel. Thank you for sharing your story.

anjie said...

Autumn, We are so sorry for your your loss. What a perfect little boy! What a blessing that you are okay. And your daughter too. How frightening that must have been. You have a great attitude. I hope you feel peace.

Love, Brian and Anjie

mjlamb's said...

Just wanted to let you know that your family has been in our prayers and thoughts. I know this isn't an easy thing to go through and you guys are a great example! I so want to help in anyway to show you how much we appreciate you guys! I know we didn't get to be VT partners very long, but your testimony was a great example to me. If there is anything that we can do please don't hesitate to call! Love ya The Lambs

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

Oh, I just want to cry! I am so sorry that you have had to go through all this! We will keep you in our prayers! I want you to know what an example you are to me for how positive you sound even though you had these hard trials! I'm glad Kiersten is ok! Kade is really cute! Take care! We are thinking of you! Love ya!

The Walkers said...

Ben and Autumn,

I hope that it is ok that I leave a comment on your blog. I have know Ben for many years and think alot of your family. I just want you both to know that your family has been in our thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks. I, also, have experienced two placental abruptions with my last two children....I was very lucky to have been in the hospital both times when it happened. My heart aches for you both at this time but am so amazed at your courage and strength. I know that you will be able to raise your little Kade after this earth life and what comfort that is...He was perfect! Beautiful child....I hope you will feel the comfort of our Heavenly Father during these trials that you are facing. God bless you and your family!

Kathie Cowan Walker

Heidi said...

Hi Autumn, I just wanted to let you know we have been thinking about and loving your family from afar. What a sweet daughter Kiersten is and what a sweet little guy Kade is! I bet he was watching out for his sister that day! Much love your way! Heidi

Allreds said...

Autumn, those pictures of kade are soo sooo sooooo cute! Oh my gosh he is adorable! I cant wait to see him again one day and become his favorite aunt! Im so glad to hear kirsten is doing so much better! We were really worried for her. Thank heaven that you have the testimony you do to get you through these trials and make you stronger because of them. I am sure you dont understand how amazing of an example you are, but you are one of those women that people will talk about as being extaordinary. I am a better person for knowing you and am so thankful to have you and your family in my life. I love you all and hope you'll let me know if there is anything i can do for you.

LIZ said...

You are so strong and have such a great testimony of the gospel. I am so glad that you and Kiersten are doing well. Kade is beautiful and we will miss having him as part of the family. I wish you all the best and you will all be in my prayers. We love you guys!

Rod Eskelson said...

We love you guys so much he is adorable. please dont hesitate to call if you need anything at all. tell kersten we hope she gets well fast

John and Sherri said...

Autumn, I'm so sorry you and your family had to go through this. It brings me to tears. Your baby Kade is beautiful. I'm so grateful we have the Gospel- it's obvious your whole family has strong testimonies. I am sure it is still extremely hard. You are in my prayers.