Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our condo burned down

For those that haven't already heard, one of our rental condos that we have in Vernal burnt to the ground on Monday night. I guess our renter had a heater in the garage and it was to close to the gas line and it blew up. They were on the second floor and so he went down to see what happened and the hole garage was in flames. He raced up stairs and told his wife to go get the 2 kids up stairs. He got their 8 yr old daughter out and he tried to get back in and the smoke was so thick he couldn't. The mom opened a window on the 3rd floor and said she couldn't find the kids because the smoke was so thick. By some miracle the kids heard the mom and found her. The mom had to throw the 2 kids out of the 3rd story window to there dad. She then had to jump herself. Luckily no one was hurt while jumping. Unfortunately there dalmatian dog did not get out. It is such a miracle that they all got out. the fire spread in a matter of minutes.

Luckily for Ben & I we have insurance. Between ours and the condo assosiations insurance, we should be covered. I just feel really bad for our renters. Unfortunately they did not get renters insurance so everything they owned was lost. They have nothing to their name and really need help. Any money donations or the following items would help immensely. I will give the clothing sizes and items they could use below. If you have any question please email me or call. Thanks for all of your help. I will send pictures later as soon as Ben takes some so you can see the burnt condo.



Davydd Hendricks- Shirt size- large or extra large, pant size- 36-38 waist and 32 length,
shoe size- 11 wide
Cynthia Hendricks
- pant size- 0, shirt size- she is about 5'8 but is very skinny, shoe size 9 1/2
Daughter- 8 yrs (a little on the heavy size), shoe size- 3 1/2 to 4
Daughter- 5 yrs old, shoe size- 13
Daughter- 3 yrs old, shoe size- 10

Items they could use:
Sheets
Blankets
Pillows
Clothing of all kinds
Coats
snow pants
Gloves
Snow Hats
Snow boots
All kitchen items:
Silverware
Bowls
Pots and Pan
Dish towel
wash cloths
cups
Plates
Towels
Toys
Books
Kid movies
Any furniture (couches, dressers, beds, mattresses, table and chairs, exx)
Any house hold items
Money donations$$$$$

Thank you all for your help. I hope we can all help make a difference. If you have any other questions please let me know. I know some of you live to far away to donate items so if you would like to donate money you can send it to me at

Autumn Allred
po box 946
Fort Duchesne, UT 84026

Please let me know if you send some so I can be watching for it.

Thanks,
Ben & Autumn
ballred@ubtanet.com
435-725-8420 or 435-790-5009

6 comments:

RicAnn said...

That is so sad. I'll see what we can do to help.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is awful!
I feel terrible too because Kallee and I just gave a BUNCH of things to the DI that we got at a storage unit auction. I am going to see what we can come up with though. That is so sad!

Monica Polad said...

That is terrible. I am glad that everyone is okay. That has got to be so scary. We want to help too!

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

That is so sad! We want to help too! We will see what we can do and let you know

Marci Ann said...

Hey, Autumn. Ben and you are famous! Did you see the article in the newspaper about your condo? If you didn't I can get it for you!

Marci

Marci Ann said...

Hey, Autumn.

Did you see the article in the newspaper about your condo? if you didn't I can get it for you!

Marci